Nella parrocchia è presente una comunità di suore della congregazione “Little Sister Of Mary Immaculate” (Piccole sorelle di Maria Immacolata) di Gulu (Uganda).
La comunità è composta da suor Mary e suor Florence.
Cenni storici sulla congregazione
The Little Sisters of Mary Immaculate of Gulu was founded by bishop Angelo Negri, a Comboni Missionary.
In 1936, he was inspired to start a Congregation for the African Sisters, fulfilling the desire expressed by his predecessor Monsignor Antonio Vignato, Apostolic Prefect of Equatorial Nile.
The Congregation began in Gulu in 1936. Ten girls who felt the vocation to serve as sisters where placed under the care of Rev. Sr. Angioletta Dognini, a Comboni Missionary Sister who became a confoundress of the Congregation.
Zeal to show the Burning Love of Jesus to the vulnerable, through Christian education, love for prayers, simplicity of Life and involvement in Social Services.
We are contemplative and spiritually drawn to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, Our Lady Mary Immaculate, Saint Joseph, and our founder Bishop Angelo Negri.
The Little Sisters of Mary Immaculate of Gulu evangelize through the following activities: Educational services, Pastoral Work, Health services, Social Work.